Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Dear Reader Letter

Dear Reader,

On my bucket list there are 112 items so far. Many of these I cannot complete until I am older and have more money. So, for this project, I decided to complete 3 small items, which include sleeping under the stars, going geocaching, and getting ordained. There is not any specific purpose for wanting to do these things, besides that they just seemed like fun things to me. The second part of the project was to help someone complete something off of their bucket list, so I chose to help my dad go ziplining.

Before my research began, I knew a bit of information about each topic, but not nearly enough to execute any of them. For sleeping under the stars, I knew that sleeping in parks at night was illegal, so I had to research places to sleep. I used an advice blog for homeless people to learn about the different places it would be illegal to sleep or park in. Also, my friend, Christopher, gave me the low-down on the cop hangouts and places he has slept outside before. I knew nothing about geocaching except what it was, like a treasure hunt, and that it seemed really cool. I spent quite a bit of time on geocaching.com trying to understand how to geocache, the different lingo, and tips to finding a cache. Yes, getting ordained is rather different, but I was told that you could get ordained online for free. For this, I needed to find a reliable site in which to get ordained. Finally, for ziplining, I knew a fair amount about it, but not where to go to do it, so I researched places around North Georgia and compared rates and prices.

After my research was completed, I was ready to begin with Phase One.

I've definitely enjoyed this project more than any other and am glad to have had this experience.

Sincerely,
Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment